The Photography Network - PictureSocial

Hi, i have recently dropped my nikon d90 on the rocks whilst getting some night shots of the ocean which broke my internal flash, about a week later my sb700 got submergerd in saltwater. Im just wondering if there are any cheapo flashes that are worth buying because a cheap flash is better than no flash and i seem too be breaking all my good camera gear.

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

James, I guess it depends on your definition of cheap, and the type of features you expect from a cheap flash. I have recently started reading about the use of speedlights off camera, and find that you can get a lot for your money if you want to learn how to use these types of flashes in a manual mode.

Look for Yongnuo, Bower, Neewer at Amazon or Ebay. I recently purchased a Yongnuo 560.. and now I have 2 more on order. 

Sorry about your broken equipment! But I came here today looking for this exact info! I have a Nikon D5000 with a kit telephoto lens. I would like to purchase a flash a macro lens in the near future. Can anyone recommend a good compatible flash and macro lens that won't break the bank? I saw Vivitar makes compatable flashes and lenses as well. Anyone have any experience with them. They've been around a long time

Thanks for any info you can give me!

Terri

I just recently order'ed 

YN-560II Flash Speedlight For canon 450D 50D 60D Nikon D40 D60 D90 1100D D3100

if it gets here soon ill let you no how it goes. It was only $75 and has many features and was about $300 cheaper than the nikon

I also reccoment getting macro tubes i have had fun and got some geat shots with mine and they are around the $80 mark

I have not used a Vivitar flash but unless the quality has come up substantially in the last few years, I would not recommend them for anything more than snapshots.

Hey James do you still have the SB700 that went for a surf? If so I would like to buy it from you. Mine has a fractured housing and I could use the parts from yours to fix it.

yeh still got it mate but im in australia

I really liked my Promaster flash. A little more expensive than some of those e-bay brands  but also about $100 cheaper than the Nikons. I have a Promaster 5750DX that uses interchangeable modules to mate up with your camera or use as a slave. It is no longer made but the replacement 7500 series seems to be just as good of a flash.

RSS

Deal Ending Soon!

Latest Activity

Stephanie Alexandra liked Chris Saputo's photo
12 minutes ago
Stephanie Alexandra commented on Chris Saputo's photo
Thumbnail

A RARE QUIET MOMENT

"Wonderful image Chris!  Nice interaction between the dog and your buddy and excellent…"
13 minutes ago
Tony Hart posted photos
16 minutes ago
Tony Hart liked Nollitsac Ryan's photo
16 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service