The Photography Network - PictureSocial

Hello.

I was just wondering if EVERYONE edits their photos?  I look at great photos that everyone has taken, and the first thing that comes into my head is "how much has this photo been changed/enhanced/modified, or is this just a great shot?"  Not that editing is a bad thing... just wondering...

Views: 5344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sure I do. Think of it this way. When I was in college  I edited my photos in a dark room.  Darkening ,lighting up different elements,even taking out something.  Photoshop or other photo editing apps. are nothing more than a dark room on your computer. Sure it is easier to edit but in my eyes it is the same.  Do some go to far? Sure.  If you shoot Raw files it is encouraging you to edit the photo.

I edit all my photos to some degree. If it's something that I am selling to a client, I take extra time and effort, without overly modifying or heavily changing things. If it's just a shot I am going to post on facebook or my camera club site, it will just be a sharpening, exposure lighten\darken, and crop. I do not like 'over cooked' pictures...I use Lightroom5 and have Photoshop but rarely use it...

all of my photos get basic adjustments white balance, color correction, cropping, fixing the horizon, etc the extent depends on the photo I always try to do as little as possible

RSS

Deal Ending Soon!

Latest Activity

Charlton Larca replied to Chris (Frog)'s discussion THE DAILY VIEW Saturday October 25th 2014 in the group The Daily View
"Thank you for looking, RaM I noticed that too. It was my fault I took that wth my 12mm macro and…"
6 minutes ago
Steve Zawoyski replied to Paul Bradburn's discussion WEEKLY CHALLENGE ARCHITECTURE - "Symmetry" in the group WEEKLY CHALLENGE ARCHITECTURE
"Thanks for the heads up … Sure blew that one as I was too focused on Symmetry … I…"
7 minutes ago
Charlton Larca replied to Chris (Frog)'s discussion THE DAILY VIEW Saturday October 25th 2014 in the group The Daily View
"Thank you for looking and the wonderful critique, Ram Keep Clicking"
11 minutes ago
Steve Zawoyski replied to sjasis's discussion WEEKLY CHALLENGE: "Creatures Great and Small" Submissions until October 27th. in the group Daily Pics
"Cute and a nice capture Vera."
11 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service