The Photography Network - PictureSocial

As 4th of July approaches, remember to brush up on your fireworks photo techniques. PictureCorrect has an article on this if you are interested:
http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/how-to-photograph-fireworks/

Quick Technique:

Camera Settings

Mode: M, Manual

Auto focus: Off or Manual

ISO: 100

Shutter speed: Bulb, B

Aperture: vary from F5.6 to F11

Focal length: Infinity

Once you hear explosion, you start to press and hold a remote switch button. Then you look at the fireworks showing their magic until it disappears and then release the button. Normally,
it takes about 5-9 second depending on how long of each
firework shot is.

I hope to see a lot of great fireworks photos on PictureSocial next week - enjoy :)

Tags: fireworks, photography

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool! Too bad I'm in Japan, so no 4th of July here lol :-P Thanks Richard, awesome tips there! ;-)
Awesome! This helps A LOT! thank you!

RSS

Deal Ending Soon!

Latest Activity

Stephanie Alexandra replied to jas saj's discussion New Challenge - YOUR BEST SHOT - Ends Monday 22nd December at midnight Moscow time in the group 7-DAY CHALLENGE The place where you can learn, share your knowledge and compete in challenges in a friendly athmosphere.
"This is a Great capture Kevin!  Wonderful lighting, vertical lines and colors and DOF -…"
3 minutes ago
Stephanie Alexandra replied to jas saj's discussion New Challenge - YOUR BEST SHOT - Ends Monday 22nd December at midnight Moscow time in the group 7-DAY CHALLENGE The place where you can learn, share your knowledge and compete in challenges in a friendly athmosphere.
"Thanks Jas!  Yeah I was so excited to get it but it's a learning curve as the operating…"
5 minutes ago
Paul Brooks replied to Phil's discussion Winners of the Human Moasic Daily Challenge in the group Daily Challenge PLUS
"Thanks for 5th. "
11 minutes ago
Stephanie Alexandra replied to Chris (Frog)'s discussion *********TODAY'S DISCUSSION ******** in the group The Daily View
"Nice point of view Cathy!  I also like the red tone and comp."
13 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service