The Photography Network - PictureSocial

Hello!  I am Don from San Antonio, and just found this great site.  I am a newcomer to DSLRs but have been a fan of photography for several years.  I look forward to learning from the expertise I see on this site and hope to be able to contribute as well.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Don in TX

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don, I am from Cibolo just up the road from SA.  I belong to a number of photography meetups in San Antonio and around the area.  If you have not joined any I would suggest that you do.  Most of them are free unless we are doing a model shoot and then the cost would vary depending on how many photographers were doing the shooting.  We just did a great Valentines's photo shoot over at a meetup group near Kirby. 

Here are some of the meetup groups I belong to. Take a look, check them out and see if you want to join.

http://www.meetup.com/The-Semi-Pro-Photographers-Guild/

http://www.meetup.com/The-San-Antonio-Small-Studio-Portrait-Glamour...

These are two of the ones I belong to and I have learned a lot from them.  The photographers from both groups are from beginners to advancd and more.  We have a lot of learning work shops as well as model shoots.

There is a class in San Antonio on Feb 15 & 16, entitled "Take your camera off of Manual".

I am going on the 15th to learn some more.

Send an e-mail to this address to get more information:  OKELLO@DSLRWORKSHOPS.COM

Hope to see you at some of the meetup.

Alan Perkins

210-72-8955

Thank you Alan.  I will definitely check out the sites.  I'm glad there are some photo groups locally.  That sounds great!  Thanks again!

Don in TX

Just like you I am also new to this site and I look forward into learning from you and to see your photos.

Hello Don,

Im Dave from Farwell. This is a great site, and I wish you the best of luck.

RSS

Ending Soon!

Latest Activity

Stephanie Alexandra and Charlton Larca are now friends
23 seconds ago
Charlton Larca commented on Charlton Larca's photo
Thumbnail

Bridal Veil-1a

"Thank you for your generouse words I look forward to your critics of my work, also"
24 seconds ago
Saritha Dattatreya posted a photo
2 minutes ago
Stephanie Alexandra commented on Steve Ward's photo
Thumbnail

S T R A N D E D

"Congratulations Steve on your feature!"
4 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service