The Photography Network - PictureSocial

I love the new features in the Photoshop CS5. I Love the image RAW program. The Only way i know to access Image RAW is through the Bridge. CS5 has a mini bridge and a full access bridge. The Mini Bridge will not load any pictures it keeps saying it is searching. I was able to access the Full bridge and get to Image RAW that way, but it recently stopped working for me. When i Google this problem i found a lot of other people were having the same issues despite uninstalling and reinstalling. But none of there solutions worked for me! 

Has anyone here had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it?

Can you get to Image RAW without going through the Bridge?

Are there other programs that have the feature Image RAW? and if so what are they called?

Thank you for any help you can give! 

Ashley

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One wonders why it stopped working for you.

In Windows Explorer, right click on one of your raw files.  From the menu, select Open with.  Choose Bridge, it should find it and display it as an option, but you can browse for it in "Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Bridge CS5\".  Choose Bridge.exe.

Of course, if part of the program has been damaged, then it will not launch that way either.

Is CS5 still working?  Has it been 30 days since it was originally installed?

Hi Ashley - I've been using CS5 and fortunately haven't had the problems you have noted - I usually open Bridge first and then CS5.  

BUT - this link from the Adobe website may prove helpful to you....  Good luck!

Error “Waiting for Bridge CS5” > No Content displayed > Browsing in Mini Bridge> InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop CS5

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/830/cpsid_83045.html  

Cyn - Curious as to why you open the Bridge first. I open PS5 then the Bridge. The only issue I have with the Bridge is that sometimes it's slow and clunky, so a quick close and re-open usually fixes the problem.
I open Bridge, choose the image I want to work on and double click.  That action opens PS5.  I never open PS5 directly.  No real reason for that except laziness.
I guess we all have our own way of doing things. My work flow is most likely substancially different than yours. However, I'm far from LAZY!
We probably do have different work flows since I'm lazy, and proud of it.

Thanks i will that out and see if it works! 

RSS

Deal Ending Soon!

Latest Activity

Linda Sue Adams replied to Robert Davis's discussion The alphabet . . . can you do it? in the group Bob's Photo Group
"Wow, it looks like it has a rough finish, like concrete. Very creative, especially from a book…"
2 minutes ago
Rose replied to Chris (Frog)'s discussion THE DAILY VIEW Wednesday October 22nd 2014 in the group The Daily View
"1d 2b 3f 4e 5d"
2 minutes ago
Terrence John Davey replied to Mark Paterson's discussion WEEKLY CHALLENGE WINNERS "Graveyards" Finished on 10/22 in the group Daily Pics
"Congratulations to sjasis for her wonderful photography. You go girl and keep on clicking! :^)"
2 minutes ago
Morgan Clark left a comment for Bob Melnyk
"Thank you Bob! I am very excited!"
3 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service