The Photography Network - PictureSocial

Lately I have been noticing members posting pages and pages worth of shots of the exact same subject in the exact same pose with the exact same exposure. They're mostly unedited and are mostly just pics of collections or (don't get mad please new parents!) infants. Here is my request. Please please please take the time to sort through your vast collections and share the most exceptional pictures instead of posting every single one! When you post several pages worth of unedited content, it tends to bury others who only posted one or two pics under a heaping pile of content that most of us wont take the time to sort through. I realize that this is going to upset and offend more than a few people, but I firmly believe this is becoming an issue that should be addressed by the community. So please, post a few well edited well composed shots instead of the contents of your entire memory card. Thanks for considering.

Views: 1668

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like that

OK, sorry. I am done. 

But, not all of us feel it is broken and there is the maxim, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Yesterday I had to wade through 200 crap images posted by the same person before reaching something worth a comment. Its the same every day. TIME FOR A CHANGE.

I fully agree, Jared. I have gone out of browsing through the photos as I come across many such repeated postings of unedited pictures and tend to see the highlighted ones regularly. But then, no matter how ugly one's child is, for the parent he or she is the prettiest one out there...someone put a quote on facebook recently and it makes much sense: Look at your photographs as if it was taken by someone else. While it's easy to say that, it's damn difficult to practice! I hope people take heed to your thread, it's very valid!
I think a limit of 20 per day is enough. 200 is far high for people to start putting all kind of junk every day...

correction: 5 a day is enough...

This is a ''Network for Photographers'' not a dumping ground for rubbish, if people want a place to store thier rubbish go buy an external hard drive or find another site.

5 good images is enough.

My sentiments, too! Reminds me of a camera club I belonged to as a teenager back in the late 50's. In those times, Kodachrome only came in 36 exposures (there was no print colour film available). We always finished our meetings with a slide show. Many members never gave any thought to "culling" their slides to show only the "best" of their photographic efforts. I vowed and declared to myself at the time, that should I ever get a 35mm camera (I had and still have a Rolleicord Va), I would never subject anyone to the boredom of sitting through 36 slides! Now in this digital age, I see the same thing happening on Flickr and Facebook. It's sad, I know, but some people seem to think the whole world is going to browse through ALL the uploads they make. Take note people: they DON'T! Let's see one or two that are regarded as the best of a bunch. Keep the others for only personal viewing - PLEASE!

Deal Ending Soon!

Latest Activity

Valerie Sheldon left a comment for Mike 'Silent Cougar' Howes
"Wow mike I love the profile and your description so awesome. I could learn a lot from you. Great…"
4 minutes ago
Valerie Sheldon commented on Valerie Sheldon's photo

Moon shot

"Thank you Mike I just Hope the next full moon I can actually get. Wow here its hard with everytime…"
6 minutes ago
david williams posted photos
21 minutes ago
emilio lepeley posted a photo

Red Super Moon.

Red Super Moon of October 27, 2015.
22 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2015   Created by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service