The Photography Network - PictureSocial

software to create panoramas for real estate photography

Hello everyone,
I'm interested in real estate photography and am hoping to start a business taking still photos and panoramas (virtual tours) of houses that will be listed for sale. Can anyone recommend a software that will stitch photos to create a panorama - it has to look professional - this is for real estate photography.
Thank you for your help.
Otilia

Tags: auto-stitching, estate, panoramas, photography, photos, real, software, stitching, tours, virtual

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Ben for your suggestion.
thank you Tsc Tempest.
go to www.autostitch.net. I have used the program many times, it will amaze you as to what it can do, automatically.
Thank you TexasPhotoWizard.
If you decide to combine your images into one, you may try using PTGui (Graphical User Interface for Panorama Tools). Of course, you can also do this in Photoshop, but the result may be different. Apply Automatic Stitching for image combination.

from the article How To Photograph The Whole Cathedral in One Shot
I use CS3, although this is probably overkill for your purposes. Check out CNET for shareware and freeware, to keep your front end cost down. Also if you are serious about doing virtual tours. You really should get a nodal head at the very least for your tripod. I occasionally do virtual tours of hotels for a company, and they require a nodal head in addition to a 12mm lens with c size sensor or 18mm with a full frame sensor. We also shoot 5 or 7 shot hdr for each point on the rotation. Just a couple of things to think about. By the way nodal heads range from about 75.00 to over 700.00 I paid 75.00 for mine and it works just fine. Not the best but does the job. Good luck
thank you Lucky Judd for the great info that you provided.
Panoweaver Professional for Windows
Tourweaver-4-Pro
The Panorama Factory m32 Edition with Batch Processing v5.2.2760
Autopano Pro
PixMaker Pro v1.0
PanoMaker_4
Thank you Miguel for the suggestions. I will look into these.
I too was at one time looking into a doing some real estate photo work that a company was advertising for photographers.They were using something called Tourweaver. It's a 360 virtual tour software package for real estate photo stitching. Try checking it out.
Thank you Stephen. Did you end up by doing some real estate photo work?
No. I ended up getting another job. And as I found out more and more about the offer. It was pc work and would have to make sure my weekends were free in the event I had to go do a shoot. I was out of work at the time and had to watch the pennies. I couldn't justify spending $1000.00 on a wide angle lens 10-20mm.

RSS

Deal Ending Soon!

Latest Activity

kathy standley replied to Chris (Frog)'s discussion THE DAILY VIEW JULY 30th 2014 in the group The Daily View
"Nice pov with the lines"
36 seconds ago
Earl Heister liked dave murray's photo
57 seconds ago
Steve Mould posted photos
2 minutes ago
Chris (Frog) replied to Chris (Frog)'s discussion THE DAILY VIEW JULY 30th 2014 in the group The Daily View
"Putting them on the line is much kinder to the clothes than in the tumble dryer a lot cheaper too…"
3 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service