The Photography Network - PictureSocial

Just wanted to say HiYa to All of the people here. 

I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 60D (2nd canera) and a Canon XTi (converted to IR) - Also have a good assortment of "Glassware"  :-) 

Reason I am here? = The exchange of ideas and helpful suggestions.

James.

Views: 68

Replies to This Discussion

What is the equipment needed to convert to IR?  Thanks.

I did not convert the Canon XTi myself.  Although I wanted to and could as I am very good at Machanical and Electronic equipment.  However.....  ALL of my friends (Fellow Photographers) said that it has been done before ---  BUT without proper calibration equipment that I could really screw-up the camera to where it was not usable for anything but "Cannon Fodder".  So...  Being not a stupid guy I sent it off to people who KNEW what THEY are doing with PROPER changeovers to make the camera ONLY IR...

You might check out sites on the WWW. by Goggleing "Canon XTi convertion to IR" (or Your camera's make and model) and select the company who You wish to do the job..

The cost for my conversion was $300.00 U.S.D. Plus Shipping....

Hope that this helps you...

Your friend and fellow Photographer,

James..

Saint Louis, Missouri, U.S.A.

Thanks James.  That would be cool to have a dedicated IR camera.  How much use do you get out of it?

I have another question about IR images.  Are the images hard to post process?

Not difficult - just Different :-)

Richard...

I do not make use of the IR every day - Only when I feel the "What" I am looking to - and "Feel" the image would make a nice IR.  I call it another way of being creative.  To be truthful....  Sometimes there are months that go by before I "Feel" the desire to make a total IR image.

RSS

Deal Ending Soon!

Latest Activity

Frank Lockwood posted photos
2 minutes ago
Jo Mounsey Brown commented on Jo Mounsey Brown's photo
Thumbnail

Lily

"Thank you"
6 minutes ago
Pat Smith replied to Paul Bradburn's discussion WEEKLY CHALLENGE ARCHITECTURE - "Symmetry" in the group WEEKLY CHALLENGE ARCHITECTURE
"Entry #1 " Winchester Cathedral" "
15 minutes ago
Sherif Sallam commented on Sherif Sallam's photo
16 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service