The Photography Network - PictureSocial

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry I  forgot the text. I took this photo of a flower growing  in a neighbours garden. It's the first time I have used a SLR camera,  so any pointers on how to get a better shot would be great. Also does anyone know what this bush is ? I have never seen it flower before.

Thanks

Barbara

This is a Dandelion Mr. Edmonds.  I have no idea what the greenery is in the background.....
It's a Globe Thistle ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/28/sandy-mcmillin-walmart-bik... ) Readily reseeds, bees love it.
The flower is not part of the bush but growing within it. The leaves look much like a typical thistle plant.
Thanks for the replies. It is about 4ft tall, and not part of the bush.  Never heard of a Globe Thistle before.  But I thought it was rather pretty..

Not dandelion! Cannot see the leaves. Not sure but will try to find out. Goggled globe thistle....Cheryl may be right. Not blue but.......

Globe thistles are stalwart perennials that produce metallic-blue blossoms with perfectly round flower heads atop ribbed stems. Plants grow two to five feet tall and almost as wide. The spiny-edged leaves are white and woolly underneath.

RSS

Deal Ending Soon!

Latest Activity

Sherry Slabik commented on nathan mccreery's photo
Thumbnail

51 International Harvester Pickup

"Nice series. What kind of processing are you using?"
35 minutes ago
Sherry Slabik liked nathan mccreery's photo
40 minutes ago
Jerry Olschki commented on Joe Machuta's photo
Thumbnail

Memphis Eve 049

"Really well done!  Love the color and low pov"
1 hour ago
Jerry Olschki liked Joe Machuta's photo
1 hour ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service