The Photography Network - PictureSocial

This month the contest theme is Light Trail Photography.Taking photo’s of light trails may seem difficult, but it’s rather easier than expected, and is based on a lot of trial and error. Light trail photos are most common found with car headlights and tail lights, but you can also make light trails with stars (star trails) or any other light in motion. PictureCorrect has a few articles on the subject if you would like to learn more.

Enter a photo by joining the group and attaching the photo to your response in this discussion, not a new discussion.

Contest Rules:
1. Entry photos must be somehow related light trail photography.
2. If you enter a photo - it must be your own work.
3. Post-processing or photo editing is allowed, but keep in mind if you go overboard on it, people probably won't vote for your photo.
4. 1 photo per person per month.
5. Members can give their opinions about entries, and then the entries will be narrowed down to three in the last few days of the month for final voting in a new discussion.

Tags: contest, light, photo, trail

Views: 1218

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

no trails in these photos.
Please explain what you mean by Light Trails.
Light Trails are caused by a light that is moving during a long-ish exposure.
no trails in my photo?
I see trails.  Plenty of them.  Nice pic.
I see trails, and creativity!

For the curious, this is what it looks like when it is sitting still during daylight

Very cool photo!  And thanks for the explanation, I was definitely trying to figure it out
Cool photo, how long was the shutter open?

RSS

Black Friday is Here!

Latest Activity

Terry replied to CAC's discussion New DCP challenge -4-Legged Animals- will end on Monday, 12/1/14 at 8:00AM in the group Daily Challenge PLUS
"entry 2"
25 minutes ago
Terry replied to CAC's discussion New DCP challenge -4-Legged Animals- will end on Monday, 12/1/14 at 8:00AM in the group Daily Challenge PLUS
"entry1"
26 minutes ago
Fransina Botha replied to Fransina Botha's discussion New 72 Hour Challenge - Roads to nowhere - ends 01-12-14 8 pm PST in the group 72 Hour Blue Ribbon Challenge!
"Great shot Rose love the colours together and great focus on the subject well done."
30 minutes ago
Fransina Botha replied to Fransina Botha's discussion New 72 Hour Challenge - Roads to nowhere - ends 01-12-14 8 pm PST in the group 72 Hour Blue Ribbon Challenge!
"Wow this is a loooong road, excellent job Harold"
31 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service