The Photography Network - PictureSocial

This was inside our state capital and is the first time i shot in manual mode with intentions of keeping the images. It was dark in some areas of the bulding! I used about 1 stop to compensate and using the exposure triangle method to help me out. Sorry about loading the images using the attachment.

1st image settings:

Manual

1/500

iso 2000

focal length 10mm

A WB

2nd image:

Manual

1/15

iso 2000

focal length 10mm

A WB 

Views: 14

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

great photos. I can imagine the challenge with uneven light and well absent of light. This is exactly why manual mode is great :-) you can control the exposure and make great photos.

Thank you Peter for liking the images and comenting. It was a challenge in some of those areas of the state capital with low light but as you said, " this is exactly why manual mode is great" and i can't agree more.

Thanks again my friend! 

you did all the work :-) well done. The extra effort paid off
Hello Cesar. Congrats... good job!

Thank you Howard for your kind words!

Glad you liked the images...

Cesar, you did a great job of balancing out the lights and shadows in these shots.

I assume the 1/500 shutter speed in the first image is a typo and should be 1/50 otherwise not sure why you would have the lens so wide open when you could easily drop the shutter and close down the aperture for more depth of field - I almost always use manual everything including WB for indoor and night photos where the light variations can be large. It gives you so much control in how you want the scene represented. Cheers Philip

RSS

Ending Soon!

Latest Activity

Mario Vargas commented on lynne cresitello's photo
Thumbnail

Roadside USA

"nice contrast"
3 minutes ago
Mario Vargas commented on Mitch Johanson's photo
Thumbnail

The Glowing Cottonwood_

"lovely yellow colour"
3 minutes ago
Mario Vargas commented on Mitch Johanson's photo
Thumbnail

Cherry in the Middle

"fantastic leave colours"
4 minutes ago
thymewarp13 replied to thymewarp13's discussion The DP Weekly Chat~ Sunday, September 14, 2014 - Saturday, September 20, 2014 in the group Daily Pics
"I didn't get out to take any pictures today although I would like to have had the…"
4 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service