The Photography Network - PictureSocial

Lightroom + Topaz Clean used on photo from Tankfest 2014, Dorset, UK

Using the Topaz add-on converts the image to something like a pen and ink wash, which I find effective. What do you think of it please?

Views: 56

Replies to This Discussion

Looks pretty good, like a very dusty scene.  I think you could bring back some detail on the right side treads.  I use T-clean and love it but Topaz needs to update it to add masking.  Clean is also very effective on skin if used right.

Yes, it was dusty, but I added some to get rid of the background. The tank is moving and I shot all day at low shutter speeds to get some effect of movement - the tracks show a little. This shot was at 1/80 so I may have got away a little slower, particularly at this angle. I practice panning on anything that moves! I still find Topaz a bit difficult with skin as it's easy to over-do the effect but, in general, I'm pleased with the plug-in.

If you use Clean on skin then you need to add back some texture.   I usually do that in Clean itself but there is another way by using frequency separation   Its a bit complex but you only need to make the high frequency layer and then make the Topaz clean layer under it (without texture).  Here is a video:  http://phlearn.com/amazing-power-frequency-separation-retouching-ph...

That's a bit ahead of me Ron - whilst I have done a little Elements work, all my pp is in Lightroom at the moment, plus the Clean plug-in. An interesting video though - perhaps I'll do a Photoshop course this winter!

RSS

Black Friday is Here!

Latest Activity

Chris (Frog) replied to Chris (Frog)'s discussion *********TODAY'S DISCUSSION ******** in the group The Daily View
"Nice portrait and good well focused stop action shots of the kite surfers. The one with the tilt…"
4 minutes ago
jas saj replied to Chris (Frog)'s discussion *********TODAY'S DISCUSSION ******** in the group The Daily View
"No, its not the photos!!!  It's the column letters.  The letter D is repeated"
9 minutes ago
Chris (Frog) replied to Chris (Frog)'s discussion *********TODAY'S DISCUSSION ******** in the group The Daily View
"Nice diagonal lines, you can see a lot more when clicked on to go full screen."
9 minutes ago
Rueben Olivas commented on Rueben Olivas's photo
10 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service