The Photography Network - PictureSocial

Lightroom + Topaz Clean used on photo from Tankfest 2014, Dorset, UK

Using the Topaz add-on converts the image to something like a pen and ink wash, which I find effective. What do you think of it please?

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

Looks pretty good, like a very dusty scene.  I think you could bring back some detail on the right side treads.  I use T-clean and love it but Topaz needs to update it to add masking.  Clean is also very effective on skin if used right.

Yes, it was dusty, but I added some to get rid of the background. The tank is moving and I shot all day at low shutter speeds to get some effect of movement - the tracks show a little. This shot was at 1/80 so I may have got away a little slower, particularly at this angle. I practice panning on anything that moves! I still find Topaz a bit difficult with skin as it's easy to over-do the effect but, in general, I'm pleased with the plug-in.

If you use Clean on skin then you need to add back some texture.   I usually do that in Clean itself but there is another way by using frequency separation   Its a bit complex but you only need to make the high frequency layer and then make the Topaz clean layer under it (without texture).  Here is a video:  http://phlearn.com/amazing-power-frequency-separation-retouching-ph...

That's a bit ahead of me Ron - whilst I have done a little Elements work, all my pp is in Lightroom at the moment, plus the Clean plug-in. An interesting video though - perhaps I'll do a Photoshop course this winter!

RSS

Ending Soon!

Latest Activity

Rose replied to Chris (Frog)'s discussion THE DAILY VIEW September 18th 2014 in the group The Daily View
"Both butterfly shots are beautiful, the one on the purple flower is my favorite."
58 seconds ago
Rose replied to Chris (Frog)'s discussion THE DAILY VIEW September 18th 2014 in the group The Daily View
"Wow! It just gets better with this one in blue! Outstanding shot!"
3 minutes ago
Chris (Frog) replied to Chris (Frog)'s discussion THE DAILY VIEW September 18th 2014 in the group The Daily View
"A big place with lots of quality stuff at cheaper prices. In this one there is a cafe on the second…"
4 minutes ago
"A black and gold dragon! Exquisite!"
4 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service