The Photography Network - PictureSocial

Here's one more that I shot yesterday at North Avenue Beach in Chicago of an ice cream man at the lake front. I wanted to know what you think A. about the selective color, should I put it back in color, or keep it all B&W. and B. do you like the over sharpening I did with unsharp mask.

1/6400, f/6.3, 640iso. I realize that the ISO is high, but I was shooting the USAF Thunderbirds as they were practicing for Chicago Air and Water Show and I needed the high shutter speed, and thus had to compensate with the iso. 

Nikon D200, 70-200mm f/2.8 lens.

Any help, C&C is all welcome! Thanks!

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

In my opinion;

a- in your nice composition, there's no need any selective color.. I think b&w would be better.

b- over sharpening created nice effect on your work. keep it!

overall, nice work friend.

Thank you, Erkan, I really appreciate your input!
Photography is all about what you like, so if you like what you have created stay with it.
Thanks Reg, I'm just trying to see what other photographers would have to say about it. I'm not really sure if I like it or not. Like Erkan said, it's probably better as straight B&W. I wasn't sure if the selective color would enhance or detract from the image that's why I figured I'd just try it. But thanks for the comment!
Actually the few color that has it totally caught my attention! I really like it.
Also the unsharp mask us great in giving some volume, I love the effect and also that you did not over do it (because it is really easy to over sharp with this tool), it gave to the photo a really nice and rich contrast.
for me,I almost didn't notice the difference in color of the ice cream trolley and had to look a gain..lol - so I think it should have been brighter or left to be bnw. Otherwise I like this capture!

RSS

Deal Ending Soon!

Latest Activity

Mario Vargas commented on Mitch Johanson's photo
38 seconds ago
Mario Vargas commented on Karl Rose's photo
Thumbnail

football CANR 639A

"shape¡¡¡, frame filled¡¡¡¡"
54 seconds ago
Mario Vargas commented on BoingBoing's photo
Thumbnail

The gulls

"like to see in bw, i think that colour doesnt add here"
1 minute ago
Mario Vargas liked BoingBoing's photo
2 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service