The Photography Network - PictureSocial

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

I'm still studying photography so I still need to learn more about the art but I'm going to give you my opinion anyway. I would crop the dragonfly on the right hand side of the picture as the space on the right is being wasted and is pointless. I would have liked to see more of the stick. The DOF is good and I'm glad that you managed to focus on the face. Hope this helps and lets see what others have to say.

Thanks Trevor

I agree with Trevor, compositionally you have way far to much space to the right.

It would also be better to get a little closer to blur more of the background with a smaller aperture (bigger no.) for more dof

Thanks for your advise

Aggree with Trevor.

When shooting close up's I set my lens to manual, focus on the subject, if it moves with the wind etc, all you do is sway your body back or foreward and press the shutter button when the subject comes in focus.  Give it a try.

Thanks Reg. I will try 

RSS

Deal Ending Soon!

Latest Activity

Jordan posted a photo

Dragonfly

A dragonfly that I rescued from a spider web; it was so exhausted from struggling to get free that…
2 minutes ago
Biarnes Eric left a comment for Jerry Olschki
"Merci beaucoup Jerry."
2 minutes ago
EVA CANTRELL commented on dave murray's photo
Thumbnail

Kilchurn Castle

"what beautiful colors and castle  wonderful find and shot  love the water  and the…"
3 minutes ago
Biarnes Eric liked Jerry Olschki's photo
3 minutes ago

Free Photography Tips

We offer free daily photography tips for all experience levels. Click Here to Subscribe Now!.

© 2014   Created by PictureSocial.com.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service