Camera is a precision instrument which will give you good service for a long time if you take care of it.
1. Handle the camera carefully. Do not drop or hit it against hard objects. Do not force any control lever.
2. Do not lend your camera to person who do not know how to handle it.
3. Learn all the controls and detail of the camera from the seller or from the instruction booklet. Operate all the controls several times and familiarize yourself with the camera.
4. Keep the lens clean and protect it from dirt, dampness and heat. The lens is made of soft glass. Hence it will develop scratches if you clean it carelessiy applying pressure. You should blow air and remove any dust and then, applying a very clean cloth gently clean the lens. You can use lens cleaning solutions available in the photo shops. The lens cleaning solution should not be poured over lens. A soft linen watted with the solution must be used. Keep the lens covered with the lens cap when the camera is not in use. You can always use an ultra violet [ UV] filter or a plane glass filter for protecting the lens. Special lens cleaning tissues are the safest to use.
5. Avoid storing the camera in places exposed for extreme temperatures or dampness.
6. Always use a leather case to carry the camera.
7. It is better to have the camera hanging in front rather than on your side from your shoulder. Side hanging resuil in the camera banging against doors.
8. Never attempt to service or repair the camera your self.
9. Know your camera capabilities and limitation and make best use of it.
10. Avoid temptation to buy too many accessories until you know what your camera can do with out them.